1st edition November 2017 / 328 pages / ISBN : 978-2-9526-3887-6
Book published by Thierry Souchard at the author’s own expense
Foreword by Arnaud Petit
Standard French 15X21 format, 328 pages in full colour
Offset printing, sewn-glued binding
Completely bilingual French/English
Recommended retail price: 35 €
What does it contain?
This climbing guidebook is a collection of some major destinations around the world, presenting for each one a selection of multi-pitch climbs which are more than enough to fill a first trip.
The ‘climbing’ interest of a destination has been the main criteria for including it in this book. But ease of access from Europe, relatively stable weather during the main climbing seasons and absence of prohibitive political tensions were also essential factors. The mandatory climbing grade required for the routes described ranges from 6a to 6c for bolted routes and from 5c to 6b for trad climbing routes:
– The Calanques and the Verdon in the South of France, Sardinia: bolted limestone climbs on exceptional rock faces and in spectacular surroundings
– The Meteora in Greece: quite reasonably-graded routes (although sometimes very committing) on surreal conglomerate towers
– The Wadi Rum in Jordan: quite sustained “trad” climbing routes up sandstone walls against an unforgettable backdrop
– The Tsaranoro Massif in Madagascar: quite committing bolted routes on big granite walls
– Red Rocks and Zion Parks in the USA: often very reasonably-graded “trad” climbs on truly stunning sandstone faces
Some may find that just 7 regions is too few. Don’t be frustrated by this; instead, look at this guidebook as a good guide for a first trip, also giving you the opportunity in the future to go on to do 6 more!
List of the routes et example of pages
Where to find the guidebook :
(with a credit card / also possible to order the guidebooks Falaises de Corse and Grandes voies de Corse)
To know more about the author and the genesis of the project : l’interview